ELAP believes that everyone deserves access to legal help.
An experience with domestic violence, an unexpected medical bill, unfair eviction, or other life challenges can set people back financially, physically, and psychologically. Yet people often don’t know how to exercise their legal rights. Legal aid is a tool that can prevent poverty and injustice. This is why ELAP exists.
We provide free civil legal services in communities throughout King County. We work with individuals and families in our region who can’t afford a lawyer, including domestic violence survivors, veterans, seniors, immigrants, and people just like you.
Our team of staff attorneys, pro bono volunteers, and low bono contract attorneys is dedicated to working to meet the legal needs of our community. We have a strong focus on racial equity and serving people who are furthest from justice.
- Gerald Shepherd Kröon, Executive Director
- Esperanza Borboa, Program Director
- Jaskirat Chawla, Legal Navigator – King County Courthouse, Seattle
- Alexandra Comstock, JD, Development Director
- Ailise Delaney, JD, DVLP Staff Attorney
- Cynthia Klein, JD, Legal Clinics Manager
- Rochelle Krebs, JD, VOCA DV Staff Attorney
- Dorothy Leggett, JD, MLP Staff Attorney
- Chris Lovings, Community Engagement Manager
- Kimberly Morrill, JD, Pro Bono Director
- Ngoc Nguyen, Operations Director
- Katharine Nyden, JD, Staff Attorney – Housing Stability Program
- Timothy Richards, JD, ELAP DV Staff Attorney at DAWN
- Sarterus Rowe, JD, Technology & Innovation Director/Staff Attorney
- Macy Stormont, Administrative Assistant
- Elida Trujillo, Legal Navigator – Maleng Regional Justice Center, Kent
- Brenda Villa, Administrative Assistant
- Renada Walcome, Intake Assistant
- Shane Woerner, JD, Staff Attorney – Housing Stability Program, Kirkland
- Michael Terasaki, JD, Statewide Pro Bono Council Director
Board of Directors
- Catherine Gannon, Board President (Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro)
- Mary Sakaguchi, Board Vice-President (Sakaguchi Felbeck & Reese)
- Dan Menser, Board Treasurer
- Neeta Saran, Board Secretary (Microsoft)
- Pamela Anderson (Perkins Coie)
- Dr. Shannon Bailey (Overlake Hospital)
- Susan Brye (T-Mobile USA)
- Courtney Cohen (Law Office of Courtney Cohen)
- Meredith Dorrance (Amazon Web Services)
- Justen Fauth (Lee & Hayes)
- Caitlin Forsyth (Davis Wright Tremaine)
- G. Matthew Loftin (UBS Private Wealth Management)
- Cecilia Martinez-Vasquez (City of Bellevue)
- Joan McBride (Retired)
- Tom McDade (T-Mobile USA)
- Monica Lopez-Reinmiller (T-Mobile USA)
- Emily Schlesinger (Microsoft)
- Dale Schomer (Retired)
All people on the Eastside and survivors of domestic violence countywide will have access to justice in the civil legal system.
Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to making the legal system more accessible to those most in need by providing free, high-quality, civil legal services to low-income residents of East King County, and domestic violence legal aid to residents throughout King County.