The Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit agency that provides access to justice through free civil legal aid to low income residents of East and Northeast King County Washington and domestic violence legal aid throughout King County.
In 2003, the Washington State Civil Legal Needs Study found that 87% of our state’s low income residents experience at least one serious civil legal problem each year, but that only 12% receive some kind of legal assistance. The study also found that those legal needs more frequently relate to basic needs such as housing, safety (including domestic violence) and employment.
Since ELAP opened in 1989, its volunteer attorneys have contributed over 20,000 hours of free legal aid, serving more than 50,000 clients.
- Stan Kehl, Executive Director
- Kathy Fleming, Assistant Executive Director
- Brandy Andersson, Program Director
- Juanita Cope, DV Attorney
- Jane Malico, DV Attorney
- Cynthia Klein, Clinic Coordinator
- Yelena Mezisko, Interpreter
- Nancy Juscamaita, Interpreter
- Kevin Plachy, President
- Ashley Locke, Vice President
- Douglas McDaniel, Treasurer
- Rhys Farren, Secretary
- Susanne Annand
- Courtney Cohen
- Jessica Cohen
- Bill Hayden
- Judy Jennison
- Tom McDade
- Stacy Quan
- Evangeline Stratton